Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What does the word 'Chris' stand for in Ruth's Chris and Chris & Pitts?

With Chris %26amp; Pitts I thought it was just a persons name, but Ruth's Chris makes me wonder. Stupid question, I just can't seem to shake it.|||The chain was founded by the late Ruth Fertel, a single mother of two, in 1965, after she bought the existing Chris Steak House in New Orleans. In buying the restaurant, Fertel had to agree that the restaurant keep the "Chris" name for a specified period of time. After the original location sustained a kitchen fire, she relocated the restaurant about 1/2 mile (1 km) to the west on Broad Street and renamed the rebuilt establishment "Ruth's Chris" (under her purchase agreement, the name Chris Steak House could not be used at any other location, and she did not want to lose customers already familiar with the Chris name).|||idk, but if it stood for "CHRISt-like" id believe it. i love that place|||When Ruth purchased the steak house, it was Chris Steak house, she didn't have money for a new sign. She just added Ruth's to it. Once it caught on, she didn't change it.|||Isn't Chris another word for meat? That was my understanding. Of course, I name my meat something entirely different. I call him Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment