Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How about waiters or waitresses at Lets say Ruth Chris Steak House? About how much do they take home a night.

Thinking about a part time job there.|||pretty darn good i would think. my birthday tab for just me and my husband was $250.00. And we gave her a $50 tip. during the holidays senior servers probably make some serious bank.|||When you consider the average entree here is 30 to 40 dollars, plus the sides, plus the wine, I would plan on spending pretty close to 130 per person including wine (2 to 3 glass per or one bottle per 3 people. ) pre tax pre tip. However at this price I expect superb service. If I get that, then the tip is 20%. If the waiter or steward recommends a wine within my budget that hits the mark,, then the tip on the wine price will be even higher. I would expect to be at my table for 1 hour 45 minutes for a party of 2 and perhaps 3 hours for a group of 6 to 8. At my table for two, you may make as much as 52.00 in tip plus your salary. At that point, how many tables do you have and how many rotations can the restaurant muster in a night? At Ruth's Chris or Mortenson's or any other high end restaurant I expect wait staff are professionals ... that is waiting tables is their career. They know to make serve a table. Nothing should be left to chance and if something is not right.. then the wait staff should find it, not me. That is the difference. If I order a porterhouse rare and it comes from the kitchen anything other than rare, the wait staff should catch it before its placed in front of me.





Edit.. couldn't do the math.. fixed..

No comments:

Post a Comment