Sunday, February 26, 2012

We need more women into umpire youth sports?

I know there some but we don't have a lot. I was able to do the states this year first time umpiring babe ruth fast pitch softball. i was about to do 18u tournament and 12u tournament. I am going to see two e-mails from my two uic i work with.



Keith is the one i did baseball the most for

Ed is the one i did softball for.



"Chris,



I am so happy to hear that Ed used you in the States! That is a great experience and a big confidence booster! Don't worry about not being able to help me next year. I'm just happy that you are staying busy with Ed. He is a real good friend of mine and speaks very highly of you! I am doing 16U regionals this weekend in Plymouth. Should be fun. You have a great summer Chris and keep in touch!



Keith"



Dang i already delete the other one. but he told me He heard great things about me this year and he also said in all caps that i am a "GOOD UMPIRE" and i am top of his list next year.



the only thing i need to improve on his being louder.



So ladies and guys keep trying i want to seem more ladies out there. Keep your dreams going. you get great comments like this above. Its a great feeling, I know its not really a question i just wanted to share my thoughts and don't give up keep trying.



I was told the other year i couldn't make easy calls, or i didn't know strike zone etc... This is proven wrong big time.We need more women into umpire youth sports?
Respect. I want to umpire when I stop playing for sure. I've been catching for 8 years now so I have a pretty good idea of a reasonable strike zone and I know the ASA/NSA rules very well. Whenever we play, the female umpires are much better than the men (not to say all male umpires are bad, we have had some good ones). They have a more consistent, resonable strike zone and never make ridiculous calls. Thanks for doing what you do! Hoping to join you someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment