Thursday, February 16, 2012

Yea or Nay? Here's my plan: I am going to my local cable provider tomorrow. I am canceling dsl Internet?

land phone and cable t.v are also going out the window. We will save $148.00 per month. I will use that money to go to the Philarmonic Orchestra, or great restaurants like Brennan's, Arnaud's, Commander's Palace, Ruth Chris Steak House, etc. We get rabbit ears for the t.v.s. We go to the local theatres for entertainment? Can it work? Will we survive, without the Media? Thanks for any feedback!!!Yea or Nay? Here's my plan: I am going to my local cable provider tomorrow. I am canceling dsl Internet?
It won't work. You spend way too much time on the internet, so maybe it's a good idea to cut out the land line and the TV and take that $100 and use 20 of it for Netflix and a night out with the other $80.



Edit: Get real, dude, the wife and kids aren't going to ride or walk to your internet connection -- 4 people, best restaurants in the world? not a chance - a trip to Appleby's willl run 4 people $60 bucks.Yea or Nay? Here's my plan: I am going to my local cable provider tomorrow. I am canceling dsl Internet?
Hey,why not just keep the internet,you can watch most tv shows on the net.
Sounds like an awesome idea to me.Yea or Nay? Here's my plan: I am going to my local cable provider tomorrow. I am canceling dsl Internet?
t.v. yes.



internet, depends on you or your job, what if you need the internet for something?



I would suggest at least a slow dial-up internet connection or something. that's all.



I personally can't survive without because I have so many projects from school that I would die from days and days of library research :)
the tickets and dinners you buy will cost way more than the cable, internet, landline by far. sounds good in theory I guess, but the math does not add up.Yea or Nay? Here's my plan: I am going to my local cable provider tomorrow. I am canceling dsl Internet?
what would lyou do without Y!answers? j/k. Humans survived for millions of years without the crap, so i am sure you can. Will it save you money? probably not, but you will have a better time getting out than staying in and being a lazy butt.
survival isn't the issue, of course you can survive without the high speed and extra channels...its a matter of sanity and overall exoense, not just money but time and energy involved in going to other venues for entertainment....and if you are getting rid of your landline, are you planning on having cable connection for your pc or getting rid of that as well? If going with the cable modem end of things you may save just as much or close to it by switching services to your cable provider....you can survive without cable tv, you can also survive without high speed internet, or any at all, but the energy it takes to switch back, and also the extra "hidden" costs of not having the conveniences are about $150.00/month.
I think it's a great idea. If you really don't need that much entertainment at home and you can live without it then why not? You'll either love it or hate it in the end anyways.



Cable: It's great to cut your cable subscription if you don't watch that much tv anyways. But if you're in the States, you have to remember that we're going digital sometime in 2009 so bunny ears won't work anymore.



Landline Phone: I don't have one either. I get crazy minutes on my cellphone that there's no need to keep my landline phone since I always use my cell phone anyways.



Internet: I don't know about you but I can't live without it. I pay my bills online, renew my car registration, shop and even get my pay stub online. If you can live without it then more power to you. You can always go to a place that has free Wifi.
Well i guess if you are cancelling it tomorrow you won't see what wonderful answers we will all come up with.



Its a convenience, and in its own way it is replacing traditional venues like local theaters. We all work longer, harder days, and finding the time to squeeze in such luxuries as Ruth's Chris are becoming more and more difficult. Why not TiVo food network, get some ideas to make a steak the way you want, not how someone else may want it. You'd also get the satisfaction of doing something yourself, then invite poeple over to wow them with your new culinary skills, and suddenly you're social again BECAUSE of the internet/TV.

Or surf the 'net for videos of local performances, hell you could even find a play you like and see a hundred different versions of it from places all over the world. Pause it when you want to, missed something? Rewind it. True, it won't replace the feeling of a live show, but there are enough advantages to at least consider it as a replacement.

There are a few sites that are archiving royalty-free books. You can read the text on-line, texts that you would never find at your local library, and even include the original artwork that lines the pages. Or you could take that $148 and every month buy a rare book at an antique dealer.

Instead of complaining that you're spending too much time at your desk or on your couch, turn it around and use the seemingly endless resources available on the Internet as a tool to adding activities to your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment